Friday, May 20, 2011

Evolution of a Blog

I've been thinking a lot about the evolution of a blog recently.

Blogs I come across hold infinite mysteries between the newest and oldest posts - changing sometimes minimally, other times drastically, over time.
I know I had big plans for my blog when I first started it so many years ago. Since then, some of those elements have remained and some new ones have been created. For a while I was really frustrated that I wasn't keeping up with the original mission statement: "I hope to use this blog to promote the fantasy genre to readers and writers alike.:" but then I accepted that my blog was becoming its own unique entity, not bound by my original design.

Over four years and 170 posts later, my blog has evolved from the original concept and moved into an area that is equally interesting, if not more so. Just as I change the layout and background and elements of my blog, the content has changed over the years. I think I still hold some of the hopes and fears I began with but I'm also utilizing new concepts like comics and historical humor.

What really excites me (other than seeing where I've been and where I'm at) are the ideas I have for the blog for the future. I'm hoping to start utilizing videos and audio posts. I think these new elements will make my blog funnier and help me to explore different creative outlets. Who knows when I'll finally implement them though. I don't want to get ahead of myself as evolution is always a slow process. My guess? I'd say that these changes will take place in the next couple of billion years or so.

No comments: