Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Introductions...

Some may consider me a lowly fantasy writer, one who sits in shadows ready to easily write novel after novel about useless made up worlds full of uninteresting impossibilities, but I consider myself a fighter. One who stands against those nay-sayers, those that loathe the genre of fantasy. Surely, many books have graced the shelves of bookstore and libraries - ones that were of a lesser quality, the quality of crap, and many of these did fit in the fantasy genre, but that does not make fantasy innately a form of feces created by mind, pen and paper. Many fantasy books have had profound effects on human culture and thought. While few (if any) have won a Pulitzer Prize nor the Nobel Peace Prize, they have contributed to the world of literature and will continue to be that bug and or bird poo that you can't clean off your windshield. Hopefully you can scrap through all of that "crap" to find good fantasy. I'm not saying my books are of that higher, thought provoking quality; but I will fight to the death to keep fantasy as an accepted genre (not to be confused with the scum sucking genre of science fiction - don't even get me started), to allow books, like mine and others to raise other fantasy novels to higher peaks, ones that will surpass chick-lit (vomit) and the "classic" horror/romance/sci-fi/thriller-lit (puke fest) in the realms of literary acceptance.


In all honesty, I do love fantasy and feel as though it is underrated. I also love sci-fi (when it stays where it belongs ;p) and I hope to use this blog to promote the fantasy genre to readers and writers alike. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Taterloyyd said...

Fantasy Rocks! I love your refreshing point of view!

Andrew said...

Wow. Be more bitter?