Thursday, August 16, 2012

Movies

Recently, I went and saw the new Batman movie (I know, by now who hasn't? I was just lazy about getting this post up). Apparently Bruce Wayne has been in seclusion for like 8 years at the beginning of the film. After he returns to action, one question is left unanswered: what happened to his farmville account?


More tragic than this was one of the films featured in the trailers before the Batman movie, Taken 2.

The first Taken movie (movie poster below)  features a dad character (played by Qui-Gon Jinn) who doesn't want his daughter to go to Europe because he doesn't feel like she'll be safe. The mom and the kid decide it's okay for the kid to go and shortly after showing up in Europe the kid is snatched and Qui-Gon has to venture over to Europe with his rage and his guns and get his daughter back. This film could be summed up in the famous phrase "I told you so." I know what you're thinking, isn't the actual phrase: "I don't know who you are but if you don't let my daughter go I will find you and kill you"? Actually, that's a snippet of the longer statement actually said in the movie that goes something like "I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." But that's a mouthful and my original phrase really sums up the entire film from before the kid is taken to the end when he's got a smug "I told you so" look on his face while cleaning his guns and acting like he doesn't have jedi powers.  


The sequel (movie poster pictured below) seems to follow a pretty similar premise except this time the mom gets taken and the kid tries to hold her own as bad guys are coming after her.


I can't really see why this film is coming out as the first one didn't really warrant a sequel. I did find this video from Captain Hippo which was much more realistic than either of the Taken films and a great laugh to boot.


No comments: