Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Everything's Coming Up Lincoln

Last weekend I went and saw Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. My expectations weren't terribly high so I wasn't terribly disappointed. The film was pretty non-stop which I enjoyed because any lulls would have probably made me think "I'm bored" and I hate feeling bored while watching a movie. The action was pretty awesome along with the CGI (as predicted). It was more gore-y than I expected as if all the vampires were those juicy mosquitoes that when you slap them they burst in a steady stream of blood across the room. You know the ones I'm talking about.

Unfortunately, the movie ended and the audience left with more questions than answers. If you haven't seen the movie and want to see it then you might not want to read the rest of this paragraph. Feel free to hop down to the next one. Anyways, my biggest question after seeing the film was, does Henry actually exist or was Lincoln just schizophrenic and the voices in his head told him to go kill perfectly innocent people. I mean, if we remove the concept of vampires from the film then Lincoln looks like a serial killer, murdering people and leaving them in unmarked graves in the woods waiting for some up-and-coming/got-something-to-prove detective to seek out this murderous fiend. I guess that's a different story though and will probably be the subject of an upcoming spoof book which will be made into a movie that will tank in theaters.

Moving on. Watching this movie only really fuels the desire to see this movie:


I still stand by my belief that Daniel Day-Lincoln-Lewis or Lincoln Day-Lewis or whatever this guy's new honorary name is going to be is going to be an awesome Lincoln. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. The picture below makes me think of two words aimed towards any haters of the new Lincoln film: Aw Snap!


No comments: