Monday, March 21, 2011

How Far I've Come

So it's March 21st, and I've typed up just over 6,000 words on my NaNoWriMo story. My goal being 30k by the end of the month seems like it's not going to be achieved. I've handwritten quite a bit but I don't count that unless it's down on the computer screen because writing in notebooks, while helpful during lunch breaks or when sitting in doctor's offices, does not give me something to show to a publisher. My writing needs a hard, shareable copy, so I don't count these words until they're in a word processor.

Obvious barriers to my goal, school including the article due last week, the essay due this week and the 20 page research paper due in April. I've also spent a considerable amount of time preparing for a celebratory cruise we're taking in April (which also cuts almost a week out of research paper writing time), so by being busy I've doomed myself.

It's okay though, there's always next year to finish this novel...

1 comment:

Taterloyyd said...

I'm going to design an AWESOME cover for this book so you need to finish it pronto yo!