As a congratulatory post, I’ve made up a pop quiz to see how much readers have learned through the years. Enjoy!
1. True or False: Having explored dialogue on this site, this would be a good set of dialogue between two characters:
me: I got the best compliment yesterday. I checked out a lady's items quickly (my usual speed) and she said "I'd hate to see you with a gun."
Amanda: That is so sad
me: That I'm the fastest draw in the west?
Amanda: That you think that's the "best compliment" :)
me: it is the best compliment when you're a cowboy
me: on a steal horse I ride
me: I'm wanted
Amanda: dead or alive
me: dead or alive
me: you owe me a coke
Amanda: it's a steel horse btw
me: I stolez it
Answer: Trick Question – no one uses internet acronyms in everyday speech. So it’s neither true nor false, it’s non-existent.
2. True or false: You go back in time and kill yourself.
Answer: False, if you were to go back and kill yourself and you would find out that you did not kill yourself because if you kill yourself then there is no you in the future to come back to the past and kill yourself. It's like getting yourself into a pickle you can never defeat.
3. True or False: David Blaine is a magician.
Answer: False, David Blaine is a troll, or a hobo, or both.
4. True or False: Centaurs were once known as James A. Garfield haters.
Answer: True, it is widely known that centaurs did not agree with Garfield’s hawkish republican views nor did they agree with his “resignation” from military service during the Civil War to fill a seat in Congress. Seemingly a man who was all bark and no bite, it has been suggested that his actions enraged the centaurs so much that he was assassinated by a centaur.
5. Which of these characters have NOT been a guest on this blog:
B. Shakespeare in Space
Answer –Magenta hulk, he’s a freak and doesn’t deserve to be on the same site as these other character gems.
6. Which of these DOES NOT describe Jenny (the author of this blog)?
A. Samurai with the ability to time travel
B. Vampire with the ability to time travel
C. Zombie with the ability to time travel
D. Time Traveling Robot With Super Cool Disco Moves
Answer – D, in post My Writing Process pt 2 – Writing Time I explain that I’m human, not a time traveling robot with super cool disco moves as previously thought.
7. How many of these people are Nazis?
A. Adolf Hitler
B. Henry Ford
C. Michael Crichton
D. John Locke
Answer: Only Adolf Hitler is a proven Nazi, while Ford was a known Nazi sympathizer (special word for Nazi) and the other two I have my suspicions about…
8. Which of these creatures can be killed by being repetitively run over with an SUV?
Answer: Every answer but D. Kittencorns cannot be killed by SUVs because they are a figment of my imagination and do not live in the same realm as SUVs. I may be killed by an SUV but that doesn’t ensure the death of Kittencorn who will live on in infamy as the star of this blog and as the imaginary creature who killed me with an SUV.
9. When referring to this blog you can use which of these phrases:
A. Good Times
B. Old Times
C. New Times
D. Troo (pronounced ‘true’) Times
Answer: all of the above.
Short Answer Question:
10. Please leave a comment detailing your likes/dislikes/questions/comments/concerns about the blog.
Thank you for participating in the first Annual (maybe?) Fantasy Writers Unite Pop Quiz. It’s been a great year, and I’ve still got a lot of ideas left, so I’m definitely looking forward to year two!